Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pictures from E'terra Lodge

I couldn't get these pictures to publish when I wrote the post.  I am hopeful this will work today.

My camera, of course, cannot take photos that would do this building and it's surroundings justice.  But I hope I can give you an idea of the uniqueness and a feeling of the luxury you experience when here.
The indoor pond on the ground level


The lodge is built into the side of the cliff on multiple levels.  You can enter on the ground level or the first floor.  Here, on the ground level you can see the rocks and trees the structure was built around.  This pond has goldfish in it and miraculously Tramp never actually went in.  She tried, but listened to our stern, NO, and - believe it or not - she obeyed.

Also on this level is the kitchen, dining room, breakfast area, and 2 bedrooms.

My room. 


Laurie had set aside a room with two single beds since we had hoped my cousin would come with me.  When I arrived alone, and when it turned out the Tramp and I would be the only guests, I had my pick of rooms, but this was on the ground level, I could let Tramp out onto the patio and into the woods whenever she wanted, and the room was so charming I had no desire to switch, even for a larger bed.


There is a saltwater infinity pool on the property, but mostly there are woods with multiple trails and paths.  A short walk down one path takes you to this stairway to the cliffs and water.

The Tramp heading to the water


I didn't realize, when we took this walk, that there wasn't beach at the bottom of the cliffs.  They are steep and difficult to climb.

This looks relatively flat, I know.  Trust me, it is quite steep.  So much so that I knew I would not be able to negotiate them, but Tramp was fearless and literally slid her way down and into the water.  She swam happily until she realized she had to come back at some point.  I could watch her trying to figure out what she was going to do.  Then, honestly, for the first time ever, I saw a dog rock climb.  She took one paw at a time, curled it into a rock crevice, and pulled herself up paw over paw.  I think we each might have lost a year of our lives.



Happy to be back on land

2 comments:

  1. We worry about this dent in your car. News photos of an oil tanker recently attacked by terrorists in the Straits of Hormuz show an exactly similar dent. Trying to sugar coat what really happened with innocuous, ad infinitum bloggerism only increases our fear. Particularly given the obvious danger of wandering around anywhere in Canada. Of course, the possibility you were hurt in the attack/suffered cortical damage/
    amnesia/forgotten your dog's own name/etc. compounds things. Please,
    for love of God, call and let us know you're all right. Dru and Husband.

    ReplyDelete