Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Countdown to departure: 1 day left

This is another experiment. I have a large desktop computer I use when I am home, and a very small laptop for travelling. Unfortunately, they are NOT set up the same way and so I am never sure that what I do on one machine will work properly on another. From today on, I will be using the laptop to ensure that I know how to do what I am trying to do on this machine.
Yesterday was another frustrating day - not as bad as Monday, but not great. One of the "features" of my new car is that I can enter itineraries into my computer and send them to the car. This should be a faster and more convenient way to set the GPS to all the places I want to go on this road trip - except... Yes, you got it, I couldn't, for the life of me, get it to work. LEXUS. Supposed to be the best, right?? Well if their website stuff is any indication, I am now quite worried about the technology in the car itself. And, to make matters worse, I was on hold for over an hour when I called in for help. Not good, Lexus. Not good at all.
On the bright side, by 10:30PM I had a good chunk of stuff sent miraculously over to my car's GPS. I'll be over there shortly to see if it actually worked. I must say I am skeptical.  That is, except for the Canada stuff.  Can't do that on the internet site.  God, I hope I can do it in the car. If not, I am in BIG, big, trouble!
Other stuff? I am now about 50% packed with a good idea of the other 50%. Syd is all packed with health certificate and seat belt for our crossing into Canada and back and lots of treats, food, emergency kit, towels, blankets etc.

I, too, have my emergency kit put together, with lots of back up stuff (extra pair of glasses, extra cords, copy of my passport, etc. etc )and am feeling in pretty good shape.

Today I am off to see Mom, an old high school friend for a drink, and then tonight all the final stuff. Tomorrow, God and technology willing, this will be from " the road".

2 comments:

  1. You seem to be ready for the trip, and since your stops are not far apart, your journey with Tramp should be interesting. Technology is a limited as their creators. With some patience, you will be as good as the Lexus technicians. Bon voyage

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to add my bon voyage just before you left but lost track of the departure date. So, a belated BV.

    ReplyDelete