Monday, August 2, 2010

Countdown to Departure: 4 days to go

Today has been a day of extraordinary frustration. I have been off and on my computers trying to get "stuff" to work with virtually no success. First, a technology tutorial on an interactive DVD-ROM came with my car and I figured it would be a good thing to watch this before driving 3000 miles.But no matter what I did I could NOT get this to play for me. It would start up perfectly fine and then just stop as if it were waiting for me, but nothing I would do would get it going. Looks like tomorrow I read manuals.



Then, I've been playing for hours to try to figure out how to compose the blog once and get the text into both email and blog formats. emailing from the blog only sends the URL, not the text. Cut and paste won't work from a blog because of formatting issues, and cut and past from email won't work for the same reason. I am now in NOTES and keeping my fingers crossed that this will work. I'll copy it and then see what happens when I paste it into both the blog and an email. Cross you fingers for me.

2 comments:

  1. Now that I am working at home, I need IT support. I was lucky enough to find mycuredcomputer.com. Call them at 877 743-3517 or 888 647-7677 and they might be able to help. Their fee is $150 a year for unlimited service. I got a "live" guy, Ken, both times I called and he was fabulous. He's at extension 701.
    In the meantime, I'm crossing my fingers and toes.

    ReplyDelete