Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Geronimo - a restaurant review

It is Wednesday and we are all just waking up after a delicious evening last night. Sterling picked out our restaurants before he left NYC and booked our tables via Opentable and the place he picked for last night is called Geronimo and it is WOW! I mean it is really WOW! Now I am not a foodie and I am here in Santa Fe living for a week among 5 others who are foodies so I am really along for the ride, but did I mention that the restaurant last night was WOW! We all got 3 full courses and there wasn't one morsel of food on anyone's plate that wasn't absolutely PERFECT. We had salads and fois gras, we had steak and chicken and duck and shrimp and crabcakes. Food went flying around the circular table as each of us wanted to taste what other's were having and WOW! The tastes and textures and colors and variety were all amazing. Everything was prepared to perfection.  And desserts - let me just say that Liam has been trying to find the receipe for his jasmine ice cream since he got home last night. Of course, the price was pretty amazing as well, but for once I actually think it was worth it.


I'm not sure what our plans are for today, but our first opera is this evening. It is a comedy and has a very well know soprano singing so I am looking forward to it.

Each time we go out and drive around I am struck by the beauty of the mountains, the clarity of the light, the softness of the air.  I will try to capture this with my camera, but I am not hopeful.  But if I can, I'll post some of them in future blogs.

2 comments:

  1. I believe your WOW! Sounds fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so thrilled you enjoyed the Santa Fe Opera. I remember the last time we were there and all these rival Mexican meth gangs rampaging through the parking lot, yelling and yelling and shooting their terrible guns so loudly, and I was already so upset from the tragic problems of the characters from the opera, so you can imagine the extra super trauma of so many pieces of lead and Mexican bone chips and blood-mist flying around me and speckling my clothes and pushing so hard against my eardrums--my goodness, what a wreck I was--and then these gang people started digging their mass Mexican grave pit right behind the stage and I was so hysterical for the safety of the performers--what if they accidentally fell in with the bodies or got pushed in by rivals in the operatic story who got caught up in their emotional roles? Weeping and oscillating with fear and pathos and chunks of Mexican lead all inside my torn flesh, I know I was, and then the Mexican mobs from town stormed up with their firebombs and big D-9 Caterpillar bulldozers they stole from--well gosh, I'm sorry, this is where I blacked-out--but nonetheless, I'm just so, so, so thrilled you enjoyed your fun time at the opera.

    ReplyDelete